- Epson Printer Communication Error
- Epson printer power light not turning on
- Epson printer power light is on but not printing anything
- Computer or laptop not appropriately connected to the Epson printer
- Usage of Incorrect Interface USB cable
- Cable not connected correctly to the power source or printer
- Broken printer issue
- Low system memory to manage the document data you want to print
- Fix Epson Printer Communication Error
- Rebooting System
- Reset the Epson printer
- Checkout Wi-Fi Connection
- Uninstall & Reinstall Epson Printer Drivers
- Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Check Cable Connections
- Fix Your Epson Communication Error with Easy Method
- What Problems Do You Face If Epson Communication Error Takes Place?
- Some Common Reasons As To Why You Are Facing Epson Communication Error:
- Advanced Solution To Fix Epson Communication Error:
- Solution 1:
- Give A Quick Restart To Your System And Epson Printer
- Solution 2:
- Uninstall And Then Install The Driver Of Your Epson Printer:
- Solution 3:
- Start The Printer Troubleshooting Operation:
- Solution 4:
- Consider Updating Your Windows OS:
- How Does Epson Support Number Help In Rectifying Communication Errors?
- How to Fix Epson Printer Communication Error
- Why does My Epson Printer Say Communication Error?
- Types of Communication Errors with Epson Printers
- How to Fix a Communication Error on Epson Printer?
- Check for Power Supply
- Check Connection, Cables, and System Memory
- ReInstall the Epson Printer Drivers
- Run the Epson Printer Troubleshooter
Epson Printer Communication Error
Is your Epson printer not communicating with the computer? Is it giving you the ” Printer is not printing”, “printer is paused” messages? If yes, then, Don’t worry, We are here to guide you about how you can fix the Epson printer communication error easily. Epson Printer communication error takes place when your printer is not able to connect or communicate with other devices. For example computers, laptops, etc. In this issue, your printer could even reject to recognize or check the devices and documents placed in it.
It’s very frustrating for the users when their Epson printer is not communicating with any computer or laptop and often giving them many kinds of error messages. That is why they start to get blurry, blank print outs. In this case, you have to check the real reason behind this issue & fix it by using the methods we are going to mention below.
Types & Causes of Epson printer communication Error
Majorly, There are two types of Communication errors on Epson printer devices.
- When you don’t see the power light of your Epson printer turning on.
- Your Epson printer is not printing anything despite the turned on Power light
Each communication fault type has its own causes and fixes.
Epson printer power light not turning on
Most of the time, Loosely or inappropriately connected power cables to the power source are the main reason behind the closure of the power light on your Epson printer. You can fix this issue through a few simple steps.
- Shut down your Epson printer.
- After that, Check the power cable of your printer if it’s appropriately connected to the power source and make sure it has no faults.
- After Checking it, Turn on your Epson printer.
Sometimes, a faulty power outlet might also be responsible for the Epson printer power light not turning on. There, you have to check that power outlet by connecting other devices to it. If it has any fault other devices will also not work after connecting with it.
Epson printer power light is on but not printing anything
Many times, Epson communication error occurrence stops the printer from printing anything that is commanded by its connected computer. In this case, the power light of your Epson printer turns on but it does not print anything. There could be multiple reasons responsible for this issue. We will talk about all the causes and fixes below.
Computer or laptop not appropriately connected to the Epson printer
Take the Setup instructions manual of your Epson printer & setup it again by connecting it with your computer device after following all the steps accurately.
Usage of Incorrect Interface USB cable
In some cases, Epson printer users try to connect their printer to the computer with outdated interface USB cables. These cables cause communication problems when users try to print their documents. For fixing this issue, you have to use a compatible USB 1.1 interface cable or a USB 2.0 interface cable to connect your printer & computer with each other.
Cable not connected correctly to the power source or printer
If the communication error on your Epson printer is occurring because of an inappropriate connection. Then, you have to check both ends of this cable before connecting it to the computer and printer accurately.
Broken printer issue
You have to make sure to check if your Epson printer is printing after commanding it to check its running operations through a “nozzle check pattern”. If you don’t get any print from it. Then it means your printer is broken and needs replacement or repair.
Low system memory to manage the document data you want to print
Go to your computer or laptop and minimize the size and resolution of the document you want to print from the Epson application software. It would be good if you increase the memory of your computer or a laptop.
You may also read about Epson printer offline or Epson printer 1131 error
Fix Epson Printer Communication Error
Reset the Epson printer
Simply reset your Epson printer, it will fix all the communication errors on it. You need to download the “Re-setter” button first. After that, you will need to press the “Reset” button on your printer. It will ask you to download and extract the files of “Resetter”. Once it’s done, you can easily reset your Epson printer.
Checkout Wi-Fi Connection
Confirm if your Epson printer is connected to the wifi internet.
Uninstall & Reinstall Epson Printer Drivers
Run Printer Troubleshooter
Check Cable Connections
If despite all that, you are not able to fix the Epson communication error. Then, you can simply contact our Technical experts and take your solutions from them anytime through our live chat option.
Epson Printer Support, is an independent service provider for on-demand customer support related to Epson printers. Epson Printer Support strictly disclaims any kind of its association or affiliation with such printer brands. Any brand names, logos, trademarks or images (if any) used on this website are for informational purpose only and are the sole property of the respective brand owners.
Fix Your Epson Communication Error with Easy Method
Epson Communication Error is a common problem that users often face while working on their Epson printer. It signifies an error that makes difficulties when your Epson printer tries to communicate with your computer or other devices. However, Epson is a reliable popular name when it comes to manufacturing high-performing printers and scanners. These machines come up with a nominal price and help personally and professionally both. So, through this blog, you will get to know about some effective solutions to fix Epson Communication Error easily.
What Problems Do You Face If Epson Communication Error Takes Place?
These are some common problems and small glitches that you might also face if communication error takes place. Have a look below:
• You will come to see an error says Epson Communication Error.
• You will get faint printouts from your Epson printer.
• Your Epson printer makes problems while printing any documents.
• You often come across ‘Printer paused’ error message while working on your printing machine.
• Your Epson Printer doesn’t scan anything.
All such things happen when your Epson printer is creating difficulties while communicating with your computer system. However, Epson Communication Error can occur due to many reasons which are available below:
Some Common Reasons As To Why You Are Facing Epson Communication Error:
Check the main reasons so that you can properly determine why such problems are happening with your printer:
• The damaged power cord of your machine.
• There is a fault in the electric socket where you plug the power cord of your printer.
• A network issue can also be one of the major reasons behind the occurrence of such errors.
• Your Epson printer is not able to communicate with your computer system.
• The faulty interface cable of your Epson printer can also cause communication errors.
• A broken printer might trigger the same errors.
• Improper setup of your application software.
• Less secondary memory of your computer system.
• Windows operating system is not compatible with the Epson printer.
After analyzing the reasons for your Epson Communication Error, you should for the solutions. Here are some feasible solutions through which you can fix such errors effortlessly.
Advanced Solution To Fix Epson Communication Error:
Things to make sure before you implement advanced troubleshooting:
• Firstly, you need to check the power source and power cables.
• Make sure, all the chords of your Epson Printer are working properly.
• Also, you should consider that the internet connection has no interruption.
If everything is fine, you should now move to the further troubleshooting step.
Give A Quick Restart To Your System And Epson Printer
To fix Epson Communication Error completely from the root, you should turn off your computer system. Also, you need to turn your Epson printer off and remove the USB cables to disconnect your machine. Now, wait for a couple of minutes and then turn your computer system on. Now, you should connect your printing machine to your printer using a USB capable. See whether it is showing any communication error or not. If yes, then you should go for the next step.
Uninstall And Then Install The Driver Of Your Epson Printer:
• Press the ‘Start’ button on your first step.
• Next, you will get access to the Start menu and then navigate to the Control Panel.
• Further, you should click on the ‘Devices and Printers’ option and click on the ‘Epson Printer’ option.
• You should right-click on your printer to open the ‘Properties’ option and then click on the drivers’ tab.
• Opt for the ‘Uninstall’ option and you will come across a set of instructions.
• Now, you should follow the instructions to download the Epson printer driver by visiting the official website of Epson.
• Further, you should go through the on-screen steps to install it again so that you can work efficiently.
Start The Printer Troubleshooting Operation:
• First of all, you should go to the start button to access the ‘Start’ menu.
• In the next step, you should opt for the ‘Control Panel’ and move further.
• In the search box, you will have to type the troubleshooter.
• Now, you should click on the ‘Troubleshooter’ option and then navigate to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option.
• Opt for the ‘Printer’ option and then click on the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
By implementing these steps, you will be able to start the troubleshooting process of your Epson printer.
Consider Updating Your Windows OS:
• At first, you should go to your computer system and press the ‘Start’ button to access the ‘Start’ menu.
• In the Search box, you need to type Windows Update and then click on the ‘Windows Update’ option.
• In the next step, you will have to log into the ‘Admin User’s Profile’ using your login credentials.
By following these steps, you can update your Windows operating system and check if Epson Communication Error still occurs.
How Does Epson Support Number Help In Rectifying Communication Errors?
Even if you’re facing the same errors while working on the Epson printer, you should take assistance from the reliable source. For that, all you need to do is to get in touch with the Epson troubleshooting experts. By establishing a connection between you and the experts via Epson Support Number, you can share your problems. Here, they will suggest you some suitable solutions to handle communication errors of your printer.
Therefore, whenever you encounter any issue with your Epson printer, approach the experts, and ask for help. Moreover, if you are also looking for more about the same, visit our website at any time.
How to Fix Epson Printer Communication Error
Sometimes there is a communication error that may come up on your Epson printer. The Epson printer communication error can be caused by reasons varying from faulty cables to the usage of the older interface of USB cables. If you are a newbie and don’t know how to connect the printer to your desktop then there might be a chance that you may not have paired the Epson printer with your desktop. Thus, the error will be showing “Incorrect Device Selected”.
If you would like to know more about how to solve it, then we are here to help you and to solve the communication error on your Epson printer. While going through this article you will be able to find out the causes of Epson communication error, types of this error, and the ways to eliminate it without professional help.
Why does My Epson Printer Say Communication Error?
The communication error with Epson printers is sometimes caused by very minute things. Here’s a list of the probable causes of this communication error:
- This may occur due to the faulty cables at either end.
- There may be a problem with the power socket or power source.
- Networking issues can be there in the case of wireless Epson printers.
- Hardware printer problems may be resulting in this error.
- The presence of outdated print drivers is the final cause of the problem.
Types of Communication Errors with Epson Printers
As we dive into finding why Epson communication errors are caused, we found out that there are mainly two types of Epson communication errors that occur frequently. These have been explained as follows:
- When there is no power light on your Epson printer, that will be the first type of this error.
- There is a power light on your Epson printer but the printer is not printing anything.
How to Fix a Communication Error on Epson Printer?
There are various steps through which you can resolve the communication error without the support of our professional team. You can check for the power supply, ensure that the connection has been correctly done, and also reinstall the drivers for your printer.
Below, you can find more information about these fixes.
Check for Power Supply
The Epson printer offline communication error can cause the power light to not turn on. This problem is very frequent and is caused by carelessly connecting the power cables to the switch or the source of the power.
By ensuring that the source of the power supply is present, you can get away from this problem. You can fix this using these simple steps:
- Shut down the printer
- Check the power cable and make sure there are no loose ends or faults in it.
- Make sure there is an uninterrupted power supply
- After going through the above steps, turn on your printer.
This section tells us that this problem can be caused when the power cables to your printer are not connected properly or the switch of the power supply is a fault or there is an interrupted power supply to the printer. When you perform the fix given above, this problem should not occur.
Check Connection, Cables, and System Memory
The answer to this question can be that the Epson communication error forces the printer to print anything that is commanded by the user. The reason behind this problem can be multiple factors. Below are some tips related to this issue. These will help you in learning how to fix communication error on Epson printers.
- Desktop or Laptop Inappropriately Connected to the Printer
There might be a possibility that there is no issue with your printer but your desktop is not connected properly with the printer. Setup your desktop with your Epson printer again by following the setup instructions manual and ensure to follow all the steps correctly.
- Usage of Older Interface USB Cable
There’s a chance that you must be connecting your Epson printer with the older and outdated versions of interface USB cables. This might be a chance of the Epson communication error. For resolving this issue, use a compatible USB 1.1 interface cable or a USB 2.0 interface cable to connect your printer & desktop.
- Low System Memory to Manage the Document
The Epson communication error can also be caused when you are trying to print the data in very high resolution. Try to minimize the size and resolution of the document that is to be printed. A permanent remedy to this would be to increase the memory of your desktop or laptop.
Through this section, we found out the causes and fix for the problem when the power light is on but the Epson printer is not printing anything despite the commands given by the desktop.
ReInstall the Epson Printer Drivers
The major cause of the Epson printer communication error is that the printer is not installed correctly. All you need to do to correctly connect the Epson printer is to first uninstall the printer drivers and then reinstall the Epson printer drivers once again to eliminate the Epson communication error that was caused by the improper installation of the printer drivers.
You can easily uninstall and then reinstall the Epson printer drivers by following these steps:
- Click on “Start”.
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- Now, go to “Devices and Printers”.
- Search for “Epson Printer”.
- Right-click on your printer.
- Select “Uninstall” to remove the old drivers.
- Now, open the official Epson website on your web browser.
- Look out for “Printer Drivers” under the “Download” section.
- Download the drivers onto your desktop.
- Click on the “Driver Downloadable” file and then install the drivers.
- After the installation is done, restart your desktop.
Note: You must ensure that you download the latest and compatible version of the Epson Printer Drivers.
Run the Epson Printer Troubleshooter
To counter the Epson communication error messages like “Epson Printer Communication Error the Incorrect Product May be Selected”, you can run the printer troubleshooter. To run it, you can go to Start and write PC Repair. Then choose the Epson Printer from the results. After this, you can launch the troubleshooter.
You can troubleshoot your Epson printer manually by following the below-listed steps:
- Click on the “Start” menu
- Type “PC Repair” or “Troubleshooter” in the search box.
- Select “Epson Printer” and troubleshoot it.
- After following the above steps, you need to reset your printer. Download the “Reset” button first.
- Extract the file
- Run the “Reset” button to fix the communication error that was on your Epson printer.
Hopefully, the error on your Epson printer will stop emerging now.
Epson printer won’t scan communication error usually occurs when you are using faulty cables or the power supply is not appropriate. After going through this article, you also found the causes of Epson communication errors and ways to resolve them at home by yourself without any technical assistance. However, if there is an error like Why is My Epson Printer Offline, then, in that case, you can connect with technical experts and ask for help from them anytime.